Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago has been a charity partner in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon since 2000, when the team started with about 35 hospital volunteers. Since then, the program has opened up to the community and has raised over $4.3 million for the areas of greatest need within the hospital. In 2015, Lurie Children’s Marathon Team had 195 runners and raised more than $295,000.
You can support the patients at Lurie Children's on October 9th by running with Lurie Children's Marathon Team! Get guaranteed entry into the marathon and a ton of other perks!
Being a runner with Lurie Children’s Marathon Team comes with the following benefits:
- Complimentary 20-week marathon training program through Chicago Endurance Sports
- Team events including a Kick-Off Party in May and team Pasta Dinner in October
- Team singlet for each runner and supporter t-shirts for family and friends
- Cheer station at Mile 14 during the race for friends and family to use as a space to meet
- Exclusive access to Race Day Resort in Roosevelt University on the day of the Chicago Marathon, which includes a private gear check, climate-controlled area to warm up and cool down, breakfast and lunch buffet, and on-site Athletico employees for stretching assistance before and after.
- Plus the motivation of knowing your miles make a difference in the life of a child.
Learn more or sign up today at luriechildrens.org/marathon!
This post is sponsored by Lurie Children’s Marathon Team.